Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Romantic Fairy


One of my  very  earliest introductions to the world of Faerie were the Flower Fairy poems and artwork by Cicely Mary Barker.  
My mother had the entire 'Flower Fairies' collection and would read them to me each evening before bedtime.  Those lovely poems and the enchanting artwork accompanying them worked their magic upon me, and I find that my designs are still greatly influenced by the image of the Romantic Victorian Fairy.

This gorgeous Blue Fairy costume is definitely one of those designs. Beautiful taffeta and chiffon skirt has a tulle underskirt and is embellished with silk flowers and leaves. More silk flowers adorn the top and matching wand, wings and headdress. 
 (the wand has a little birdie sitting on top too! :) Women's size 8-10
Bust: 32"-38" (due to the stretchiness)
Waist: up to 30"
Hips: up to 40"
To purchase:







Matching Fairy Slippers:





"Hand in hand, with fairy grace,
Will we sing, and bless this place."~William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment